We know what it’s like to have projects backing up, deadlines approaching and a task list that seems to only get longer. That’s part of the reason we started Trebletree – to help those overworked, stress-out teams when they need a little help. We’ve always found that in those stressful times, it’s important to reach out to all the resources available. Sometimes, it’s a new partner that can take some work off your plate. Sometimes, it’s reaching out to a team member for help. And sometimes, it’s simply about taking a deep breath, reanalyzing, and coming up with a realistic game plan.
No matter how the work piles up, we’ve always found that a simple reminder can reset your mind and help you move forward with less stress. Here are some of our favorite quotes to get you through those busy times. And, if you need our help to get you through a project, we’re here.
Don’t Put Off Organization
When the task list is growing, it’s easy to focus on the fires, but taking time out for organization can keep some of those fires from getting lit.
1. “For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned.” – anonymous.
2. “One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a horse master. He told me to go slow to go fast. I think that applies to everything in life. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day, but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress.” – Viggo Mortensen
3. “The only difference between a mob and a trained army is organization.” – Calvin Coolidge
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
We all have pride in our work and that often means we want to do things ourselves. Realizing when you need help is so important. Reaching out for help before things fall apart doesn’t show weakness, it shows intelligence.
4. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman, co-founder LinkedIn
5. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
Remember Your Why
When stressful times come, it’s essential to remember why you do your work and how much you love it.
6. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” Albert Einstein
7. “If you hear a voice within you saying ‘you are not a painter’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent Van Gogh
8. “The things we fear the most in organizations – fluctuations, disturbances, imbalances – are the primary sources of creativity.” – Margaret Wheatly, management consultant
In the moment, obstacles may seem larger than they actually are. Take a breath and be surprised at how much they shrink.
9. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” – Sydney J. Harris
Looking for ways to get some work off your plate? Check out our solutions for agencies and solutions for brands to see how Trebletree can help.